Itâ€™s that time of year again: the time of year where critics like us get buried alive -â€“ literally -â€“ in handfuls of holiday releases. Yes, all the games that we previewed leading up until now suddenly ambush us during the months of September through December. To top it all off, the Nintendo DS — now turning 2 years old — is being ambushed with plenty of amazing titles! We can’t wait for them, but we also know how busy it gets.
Because of this, we have decided to hire new talent in our DS section. The new editors weâ€™re looking for will be in charge of spending most of their November nights playing the DS and its games, and though we may have to “force them” — poor souls — we expect the best of the best from them.
But before you apply, read over what weâ€™re looking for in a DS Editor below.
- Can read and write English
- Can do the latter particularly well
- Knows the difference between words like â€œthereâ€ and â€œtheirsâ€, knows how to spell â€œgrammarâ€, as well as use it, and knows how to proof read his/her writing
- Is at least 18 years of age. Earth years, preferably, though Mars years may be considered acceptable.
- Has a burning, passionate love for a company we called the Big N, also known as Nintendo
- Is not biased, but instead has a educated, impartial and tell-it-like-it-is personality and attitude
- Is hard-working, motivated and has great people skills
- Is still reading these requirements
Fit the bill? Then keep reading on. If not, kindly hit the back button on your browser, and try again next time.
So, if youâ€™re interested in what has been said above, we would love to hear from you. Shoot us an e-mail by clicking here, and include the following in it:
- A sample review, ranging anywhere from 800 to 1000 words (AMN’s reviews may be longer or shorter. Length will vary.), for your favorite game, written in a format similar to this. Include scores for the same categories that we do in our reviews, as well as a final, overall score.
- A sample preview, ranging anywhere from 800 to 1000 words (AMN’s previews may be longer or shorter. Length will vary.) for an upcoming Nintendo DS release. Please write the preview in our format, which can be found by clicking here
- Your name, age, e-mail address youâ€™d like to be contacted by, AOL Instant Messenger Handle and some personal information about yourself, if youâ€™d like to share any
- Include a list telling of your past experience you have in the world of videogame journalism or the game industry itself, as well as any skills you have that would assist you in your job as a DS Editor for AMN DS.
Got that? Great. So hurry up, click here and send us that e-mail already! We seriously cannot wait to hear from you. Like, seriously. No, we mean it.
Thanks for your time,
Advanced Media Network