Yesterday’s news that the PlayStation 3 version of Grand Theft Auto IV will include a mandatory 5 minute install time has spawned a rather bold PR letter from Microsoft:
With the OXM review hitting streets today, and your own preview impressions which are looking great, hopefully you’ll all be a bit wiser as to the ins and outs of GTA IV now.
I’m sure you’ve all seen the chatter from the 1up GTA IV Preview on the PS3 install timeâ€¦.just a few thoughts on what you could do in this time if you were actually playing the 360 version from the moment you insert the disc..
- Steal your first dozen or so cars and test out the improved vehicle handling?
- Check out the cool features on your mobile phone?
- Rack up a 5 Star Wanted Rating?
- Have a blast of your first MP game on Xbox LIVE?
- Ditch the tracksuit chic and buy some new clothes?
- Unlock your first GTA IV Achievement and boost your Gamerscore?
- Or just start downloading a film from Xbox LIVE Video Store to watch later â€“ check out the latest batch of arrivals this weekend!
Microsoft’s taking this GTA thing to heart, it would seem.