World-Renowned Soccer Star Goes Interactive This Spring
EDISON, NJ, May 6, 2002 – Majesco, one of the fastest-growing publishers of interactive entertainment software, today announced David Beckham Soccer for the XboxÃ” video game system from Microsoft, PlayStationÂ® game console, and Nintendo Game BoyÂ® Advance and Game BoyÂ® Color systems. Developed in conjunction with international soccer superstar David Beckham, David Beckham Soccer is being created by UK-based Rage Software and is scheduled for release in time for the World CupÃ” 2002.
“Technologically advanced, David Beckham Soccer introduces gamers to the exciting and high-tempo world of international soccer at a time when soccer fever is peaking,” said Ken Gold, Vice President of Marketing. “David Beckham is one of the most accomplished and recognizable sports figures in the world and we are pleased to be working with both David and Rage Software in developing one of the premier soccer games to date.”
David Beckham Soccer features over 200 top international and club teams. Players compete throughout a vast array of competitions and game modes, including the exclusive “Train with Beckham” mode. In Training Mode, players hone their skills before taking on real opponents with a series of tests devised by David Beckham, including corner shots, shooting, passing and free kicks.
Exciting features of David Beckham Soccer include:
- Fluid, motion-captured player animations;
- Season Mode – play five full seasons that combine Domestic League, Cup and European Cup action;
- Three Arcade Modes including “Beat Brazil” and “Classic Match”;
- Advanced system for free kicks whereby players can select one of several exciting set-plays;
- Hidden teams handpicked by David Beckham;
- In-game commentary from Ron Atkinson and Jonathan Pearce.
- Exclusive Xbox Feature: All-new, detailed stadium builder allows players to create their own arenas;
- Exclusive Xbox Feature: Create-A-Player allows gamers to create individual players and teams, and design their own sponsors and badges.
David Beckham Soccer is being publicly unveiled for the first time at the Majesco booth, Rooms 409A and 409B in Concourse Hall – Level 2, during the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) in Los Angeles, May 22 – 24.
Headquartered in Edison, NJ, with offices in the United Kingdom, Majesco was founded in 1986 and is a leading International developer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products for the Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft video game platforms, as well as the personal computer. Currently in development are 20 titles for PlayStationÃ’2, Xbox(tm), GameCube(tm), and PC, as well as several titles for Game BoyÃ’Advance, all scheduled for release in 2002. Included among these are Majesco’s multi-platform, supernatural action/thriller, BloodRayne, and Black & Bruised, an over-the-top cartoon-style boxing game. Majesco can be found on the World Wide Web at MAJESCO.