While PS3 and Xbox 360 owners wait for their chance to play a new Final Fantasy title, Wii and DS owners will be getting their own Final Fantasy in just a couple of months. Square-Enix just announced that Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time will be arriving on March 24th for the Wii and DS.
This may not be as graphically impressive as Final Fantasy XIII, but it does come with some unique features. Echoes of Time will allow Wii users to interact with DS users at the same time. Players will be able to switch from single to multiplayer mode on the fly.
Square Enix, Inc., the publisher of Square EnixÂ® interactive entertainment products in North America, announced today that FINAL FANTASYÂ® CRYSTAL CHRONICLESÂ®: Echoes of Time(TM) will be released simultaneously for both Wii(TM) and Nintendo DS(TM) on March 24, 2009.
An innovative new concept in multiplayer gaming, FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES: Echoes of Time will enable Wii and DS users to play side by side for the first time. This breakthrough in gaming connectivity allows players on both Nintendo platforms to journey together in the fantastical world of the beloved FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES series.
FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES: Echoes of Time offers a gameplay system that allows for a seamless, hassle-free in-game switch from single to multiplayer mode. Play anytime, anywhere, with anyone and experience a new level of connectivity with this latest adventure in the FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES series.
A triumphant return from a monster-infested forest marks the completion of the 16-year-old hero’s coming-of-age ceremony. However, the hero’s joy is short-lived as a young village girl is found to be afflicted by a mysterious illness known as “crystal sickness.” Determined to obtain the cure, the hero steps out of the secluded village for the first time, only to discover a world in which crystals are merely artifacts of the past and no longer exist…
* Play anytime, anywhere with anyone! Multiplayer connectivity reaches new heights in FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES: Echoes of Time, where players can team up or compete with friends and players around the world
* The intuitive control scheme introduced in FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES: Ring of FatesÂ® returns, now adapted to Wii for double the action
* Players can switch between single and multiplayer modes at any time while playing, enjoying two great gaming options in one integrated experience
* A personalized hero can be generated from a choice of the four familiar races of the series; Clavats, Lilties, Selkies or Yukes. Players joining from the Wii can also introduce their Miis to the world of FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES
* Create and customize materials, armor and equipment for characters with tailored appearances and abilities — no two heroes will be the same!
* Players can continue to enjoy the game even after completing the main adventure, as the New Game+ feature provides increased difficulty and better items with every new round
* A vast selection of quests delivers hours of fun!
FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES: Echoes of Time is rated E10+ (Everyone 10 and older). Please visit the Entertainment Software Rating Board website at www.esrb.org for more information about ratings. FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES: Echoes of Time will be available at North American retailers for the suggested retail price of $39.99 for both Wii and Nintendo DS. The official website can be found at http://na.square-enix.com/ffcceot. — Square-Enix