Microsoft has updated the Xbox One for more speed recently, but the bigger update is on the way. Soon the Xbox One and Windows 10 will see the 'Creators Update' which should make gaming easier, more social and better.
The Creators Update will bring Beam, gamer-created tournaments, an overhauled Xbox button, and more. According to Microsoft, the update is focused on "Streaming, Performance, People, and Competition" and the details pretty much follow those core concepts.
Some of these features will be introduced next week, with additional updates over the coming months adding more.
Instantly stream to Beam on Windows 10 and Xbox One
- Beam will connect to your Xbox Live account, making it easy to stream your favorite games to Beam and your Xbox Live community. No extra software is needed and viewers anywhere will be able to watch your streams and interact with your broadcast. On a Windows 10 PC, press Windows + G to pull up the Game bar and click the broadcast button to start streaming. On Xbox One, you can start streaming with one button press from inside the Guide.
Increased performance in gaming
- Windows Insiders will start seeing some of the visual elements for Game Mode this week, with the feature being fully operational in builds shortly thereafter. Game Mode will optimize your Windows 10 PC for increased performance in gaming.
Xbox button update
- Every Xbox One will see an update coming to the Guide that will make it faster to complete common tasks. Through one press of the Xbox button on your controller, you’ll be able to pull up the newly enhanced Guide as an overlay on the left side of your screen no matter what you’re doing. The update will also include a way to make the most popular multitasking experiences for speed and easier to access. You’ll be able to start recording your GameDVR clips, adjust your recording length, and access your captures directly in the Guide. There will be a new Achievement tracking overlay, as well as Gamerscore Leaderboard, a new Cortana design, and controls for background music.
Better ways to find, stay in touch, and share with your gaming friends
- Connect with friends from other social networks. An update to the Activity Feed will allow you to connect and share more with your gaming friends. Additional improvements to Clubs and Looking For Group (LFG) will allow better moderator tools for Clubs and the ability to share LFG posts in your feed, it will even be easier to seek out players for any game on Xbox and Windows 10, and join communities.
You define the rules of competition
- New tournaments are coming to Arena on Xbox Live, including those from professional tournament organizers like ESL and FACEIT. “World of Tanks” and “Killer Instinct”, will allow you to create your own Arena tournaments. Once your tournament is created, you can invite your friends and members of your club can see it and join. And when the tournament ends, the results will be automatically recorded so you can share them on Xbox Live and across your social networks. More supported titles will be added over time