If you are a member of Microsoft's Preview Program for the Xbox One, there's a new system update for you to try out! The update won't bring major changes, but it does address some annoying issues.
First and foremost, the Snap feature should be fixed with this update. Previously, the Snap feature could cause some stuttering when playing a game with a snapped app. In addition to that, voice message notifications will show up and description tiles for recently used games/apps will appear solid instead of transparent.
You can get all the details on this update below! When this update will be available to all Xbox One/Xbox One S owners has not yet been detailed.
HOW TO GET IT
- If your console is in Instant-On mode and you have been selected to receive the update, it will download and install the update and reboot to standby.
- NOTE: Once the update is available to you, you can manually begin the update by launching the Guide and navigating to All Settings > System > Console info & updates.
- If you have been selected to receive the update and your console hasn’t downloaded and installed the update by 1:00 PM PDT 10/4/2016, you will be prompted to do so at that time.
OS version released: rs1_xbox_rel_1610.160929-1900 Available: 2:00PM PDT 10/2 (9:00PM GMT 10/2)
October 2: New update available for Preview (rs1_xbox_rel_1610.160929-1900)
Sky TV, Now TV, HBO GO
- Resolved an issue which could prevent users from playing content in the following apps – Sky TV, Now TV, or HBO Go.
- Resolved an issue which sometimes caused stuttering when playing a game with a snapped app.
- When receiving voice messages from another user, you should now receive a notification.
- Resolved an issue which caused description tiles for most recently used games and apps to appear solid instead of transparent.
- When viewing Clubs, you may still see the option to start a Club Party even if you are not a Club member.