Even while they are currently working on Rime (yes, they are still working on it), Tequila Works is also in the midst of co-developing a little game called The Sexy Brutale with Cavalier Game Studios. The Sexy Brutale is described as a 3D Puzzle/Adventure where players take part in "a never-ending masked ball featuring intrigue, murder and the quite possibly occult."
If you're wondering what exactly a "Sexy Brutale" is, it's the name of the casino mansion where the game takes place. The utilizes a time-loop mechanic, where players must re-live the same murder over and over again to gradually unearth clues, save the life of every person attending the ball, and end the loop.
Here's a full feature list per The Sexy Brutale's official fact sheet:
- Never ending “Groundhog Day” looping time gameplay, creating a unique way for players to engage with concurrent stories freely.
- Spy, eavesdrop and hide to learn each individual narrative playing out across the mansion.
- Intriguing murder mystery puzzles to be solved through investigation and deduction.
- The mansion forms a fully interlocked “clockwork” world that ultimately tells one grand, twisting story.
- A colorful and varied cast of characters and a stylish art direction make The Sexy Brutale a unique-looking game.
Will you be able to save poor Reginald?