Thankfully, we finally have a date as SEGA confirmed a September 3, 2013 worldwide release for the highly anticipated strategy game. The publisher also detailed the game's pre-order bonuses and Collector's Edition goodies.
Pre-ordering any edition of Rome 2 will get you the game's first DLC, the Greek States Culture Pack, which adds three additional playable factions to the game: Epirus, Athens, and Sparta. Each of these factions come with their own unique units, buildings, missions, and win conditions as well as a distinct tech tree. As a reminder, the Pontus faction will be available to download for free on launch day.
Now for those of you planning on purchasing the Collector's Edition, it should be known that only 22,000 copies will be manufactured. So if you enjoy Roman-themed items and leather-bound boxes, you may want to think of going all in rather quickly. Below are the full contents of the Total War: Rome 2 Collector's Edition:
Numbered copy of Total War™: ROME II
- The most ambitious and expansive game in the Total War™ series to date, ROME II brings the statecraft, politics, intrigue, diplomacy and epic battles of the ancient world to life in thrilling detail. This version comes in a debossed Steelbook™ case, laser-etched with your unique collector’s number in Roman numerals.
- The Roman forerunner to Backgammon, this Tabula set comprises 30 bone-effect game pieces supplied in their own burlap drawstring bag; the board itself is built into the base of the Collector’s Edition box.
- Three replica bone-effect dice for use in a variety of games. The design is based on original Roman Tesserae, found at the archaeological site of Herculaneum.
Total War Cards™: PUNIC WARS
- Designed from the ground up to echo elements from ROME II, Total War Cards is a game of skill and luck for two players. Involving combat, territorial control, resource management and technological development, PUNIC WARS consists of 58 high-quality playing cards and a game-board printed with the PUNIC WARS tech-tree.
Canvas Campaign Map
- A reminder of the world you must conquer, this ribbon-tied canvas map depicts each of the 57 provinces of the ROME II campaign.
- A complete, fully-functional Onager, or Roman siege catapult. This easy-to-assemble kit is constructed from weathered wood and steel, measures 26cm x 12cm x 12cm, and is capable of unleashing small projectiles at a variety of inanimate objects which may have affronted the glory of your empire.
If those items intrigue you, the Total War: Rome 2 Collector's Edition can be purchased for a whopping $154.99.