This week’s list of Amazon top fives for each region sees a handful of new games and some impressive staying power for Portal 2. Putting the price of the game at $39.99 has done wonders for Valve. Always pioneers when it comes to pricing, they may be forging new ground with this retail success.
New release Brink manages to slip into the North America and UK top five on 360. This comes despite some disappointing reviews for the game. The PS3 version is nowhere to be found, surely the result of the PSN outage.
In Japan, it seems everyone is crazy about learning how to type with Pokemon. Even better is the charity re-release of Planetarian, of which profits go to the Japanese Red Cross. Between those and the exercise provided by Billy Blank’s oddly successful fitness game, Japanese gamers are all about the enlightening pursuits this week.
Check out the full list below:
1. Portal 2 (Valve, 360)
2. Portal 2 (Valve, PC)
3. Portal 2 (Valve, PS3)
4. Just Dance 2 (Ubisoft, Wii)
5. Brink (Bethesda, 360)
1. Zumba Fitness (505 Games, Wii)
2. Fable III (Microsoft, 360)
3. Brink (Bethesda, 360)
4. Lego: Pirates of the Caribbean (Disney, Wii)
5. Portal 2 (Valve, 360)
1. Battle & Get: Pokemon Typing DS (Nintendo, DS)
2. Planetarian (Prototype, PSP)
3. Monster Hunter Portable 3rd (Capcom, PSP)
4. Reminiscences of Haruhi Suzumiya (Namco, PS3)
5. Billy’s Boot Camp: Wii de Enjoy Diet! (Rocket Company, Wii)