Developer Two Tribes has revealed that it will soon release a patch for Toki Tori 2 on the Wii U. The studio explained that it's been keeping tabs on reviews and Miiverse comments surrounding the puzzle-platformer, and it's ironed out some issues with an upcoming update.
The patch includes level fixes, hints for tougher puzzles, and even an extra secret area. You'll also now be notified when you collect every item in a level, which will help keep you from roaming around aimlessly. The following is a full list of contents that the update addresses:
- Improved the flow of the game after reaching the room with the "thing"
- Added another super-secret area
- Fixed a bug where Toki Tori was invisible after returning to the game
- Fades between levels now fade the audio too
- Simplified the puzzle in the underwater passage
- Fixed an issue when the TokiDex was completed in the photo room
- Some back- and foreground elements got a fresh coat of paint
- When all the collectibles in a level (or the entire game) are collected a melody will play to notify the player
- Fixed a rare bug where the player completed the game, but the end scene wouldn’t trigger
- Various level tweaks, based on Miiverse feedback
Two Tribes stated that the patch is currently being tested at Nintendo, but it will be available soon. Additionally, a second patch may be released, but that will take some time, so stay tuned for more on that.
Want to talk about indie games, Kirby, or cheap pizza? Follow me on Twitter @dr_davidsanchez.