Rockstar today released Red Dead Redemption Title Update 1.02. The update includes minor fixes to the overall game as well as gameplay adjustments that the developer hopes will reduce griefing.
For those who don’t know what a griefer is: A griefer is someone who plays a multiplayer game with the sole intent of making the game unenjoyable for others. This may include killing players within their team, harassing newer players just for the sake of giving them a hard time, etc.
Here is the list of fixes included in itle Update 1.02 from Rockstar’s official RDR blog:
This update contains the following new anti-griefing measures for Multiplayer Free Roam:
• While in Multiplayer Free Roam, if a player achieves a kill streak of 6 or more without dying, they will become a Public Enemy and receive a $1000 bounty.
• While in Multiplayer Free Roam, if killed three times by any human player and each death is within 80 seconds of respawn, the victim is given the option to respawn away from the area.
This new title update also addresses the following issues:
• Players now have the ability to swap shoulder buttons L1/L2, R1/R2.
• Players now have the ability to save game with cheats turned on.
• When playing the game with Region set to Asia, incorrect button prompts were displayed.
• Downloadable Outfits were not appearing in Change Outfits Menu after being unlocked.
• Invincibility cheat was turned off when activating Dead Eye.
• Occasionally, the player would not recover from being drunk.
• It was possible to have two player horses, with one permanently following the player.
• If equipped with the bandana, sliding doors would temporarily attach to the player’s head..