The game, which arrives over ten years after the original Phantasy Star Online on Dreamcast, will be free-to-play on PCs worldwide. Fans can view the teaser site at pso2.com.
“The number one thing we want to provide players in Phantasy Star Online 2 is an adventure that changes every time they log in," said Producer Satoshi Sakai. "Just as great tabletop RPG experiences revolve around imaginative and unexpected encounters, we want players to consistently be surprised as they explore dungeons and undertake quests."
Check out the list of features below:
- Deep sci-fi fantasy universe filled with lush landscapes, extraordinary creatures, and epic adventures
- Revolutionary real-time combat and third-person action with devastating combos and counters to master
- Flexible, class-based leveling system that lets players define their own play-style with distinctive melee, ranged, and magic weapon types
- Randomized dungeon maps and unexpected mid-quest encounters that ensure each quest is different for each player
- Deep character creation system with a nearly limitless number of potential appearances
- Three degrees of humanity to experience across three unique races: the versatile Humans, spiritually-powered Newmen, and artificial CAST
Phantasy Star Online 2 debuted in Japan this past week.
Follow @wita on Twitter for tales of superheroes, plumbers in overalls, and literary adventures.