THQ Nordic has announced that they are bringing back Baja: Edge of Control, an off-road racer that released on Xbox 360 and PS3 all the way back in 2008 as an HD Remaster for Xbox One and PS4. The game will get both a digital and physical release sometime in Q2 2017 and will have 4K compatibility.
Here's a list of features courtesy an official Press Release:
- 4 player split screen and online multiplayer
- Dozens of vehicles to choose from
- Monitor and repair vehicle damage via truck and helicopter teams
- Authentic vehicle physics respond to any bumps and ruts you drive over
- Numerous, authentic vehicle parts to help fine-tune the performance of your off-road machine
- More than 100 tracks, nine open worlds and 1000 miles of drive-to-horizon landscape
- Lots of different events, including Hill Climb, Baja Endurance Races, Closed Track Races and more
- Free roaming gameplay: drive as far as you want and find hidden tracks, jumps, and more off-road madness
Baja: Edge of Control is described a game with "more than 1,000 miles of the toughest terrain Mother Nature has to offer" as players will race down mountains and canyons while contending with various environmental hazards. The game comes with more than 100 tracks, and some races can last up to four hours.
Keep an eye out for Baja: Edge of Control HD sometime in the next few month.