200 years ago…
New HISTWAR screenshots and video!
200 years ago…
…on December 2nd, 1805, in what is today regarded as his greatest victory,
Napoleon Bonaparte crushed the armies of his enemies, Russia and Austria, in the
famous battle at Austerlitz.
For this special anniversary we have collected bran new screenshots and an
exciting beta video from our upcoming “HistWar: Les Grognards” wargame by
Jean-Michel Mathé, published exclusively by
HistWar is not just another “clickfest” RTS, but a historically accurate
tactical and strategic war simulator of authentic Napoleonic style combat from
the years 1805-1814. The meticulous attention to detail and historical research
is what makes HistWar so unique.
• Authentic Napoleonic style combat from the years 1805-1814.
• Thrilling battles with over 50,000 3D models shown representing up to 500,000
Infantry soldiers, Cavalry and Artillerymen – all fully animated!
• Single player action against the computer and multiplayer with up to 6 people
on two sides.
• Internet, LAN and PBEM multiplayer modes.
• Variable speed play from real time 1 minute = 1 minute to accelerated 10x
time. PBEM mode played in 15 minute turns.
• Environmental effects such as rain, fog, snow and smoke.
• Units organized into historically accurate and individually controllable
Regiments, Brigades, Divisions, Corps and Armies.
• Huge variety of troops types including; Sappers, Skirmishers, Grenadiers,
Fusiliers, Chasseurs, Imperial, Middle and Young Guards, Hussars, Cuirassiers,
Dragoons, Gendarmes, Carbiniers, Lancers and Mameluks among others.
• Variety of individually modeled and animated "personalities" such as Captains,
Majors, Colonels, Flag and Standard Bearers and more.
• Play as any of 15 different major, minor and city state military powers
including France, Russia, Austria, Wurtenmberg, Saxony, Poland, Italy and
• Exhaustively researched Table of Organization and Equipment for all the major
• Over 1150 historical Regiments, 4000 unique commanders and 550 accurate
military uniforms included.
• Comes with 10 historical battles including Haslach, Austerlitz, Eylau,
Friedland, Campaign of Eckmul, Wagram, Moscowa (Borodino), Berezina, Hanau and
La Rothire with the ability to modify or create all new battles with the
included game editors.
• Innovative 3 tiered Artificial Intelligence system models the difficulty and
challenges of command in the early 19th century battlefield.
• 3 different game editors (Map, Order of Battle and Doctrine) allow you to
build your own battles or modify the included ones, create your own armies and
customize specific characteristics and abilities of any unit or commander.
• Create maps in size from 6 x 4.5 Km to 30 x 22.5 Km (over 660 square
kilometers) • Ability to create and design your own custom uniforms.
• Variety of camera views supported including exciting 3D Real World and Bird’s
Eye views plus a 3D Symbolic map and 2D Strategic Overview mode.
• Realistic combat resolution and modeling which takes into account such factors
as orientation and density of unit formations, their training, combat
effectiveness, fatigue and moral.
• Advanced morale engine accounts for a variety of elements including proximity
to friendly commanders and units, weather effects, level of sustained losses,
overall fatigue and more.
For more information about the game, please visit: