Battlefield 4 is going to get a ton of new weapons, a new game mode, full weapons balance and so much more with the Spring Patch. On the Battlefield Blog, EA DICE gave a rundown of what players can expect.
Let's start with the full weapons balance. DICE is revamping the damage, falloff and suppression model, touching every single weapon in the game and how they play. They say the goal is to create distinct roles for the weapons classes, and to award skill of the player through increased recoil and by bringing back the 2-bullet headshot. They used the following image to show the new model for weapons:
Gun Master game mode is also returning. It's like a Team Deathmatch game, but you don't get to choose the weapons used. You swap weapons every time you get two consecutive kills on an opponent. The first player to get a kill with the final weapon wins. Gun Master mode will have five presents with 18 weapons in each one.
Five new weapons are also coming to Battlefield 4 in the Spring Patch. Here they are:
- New fan favorite Assault Rifle: picked based on its unique burst gameplay and massive fan desirability.
- New Carbine: a unique bullpup carbine with built-in vertical grip
- New PDW: a unique PDW with built-in silencer
- New Sidarm: unique long ranger "sniper" sidearm using magnum rounds
- New LMG: magazine fed LMG, which with the new weapons balance, plays in between a belt-fed LMG and an AR — your "run and gun" LMG
For more, check out Battlefield Blog, with more patch notes coming in the future. The patch goes live sometime in late May.