From a picture at BlizzCon, it is revealed that for Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm there will be three new units for the Terran, three for the Protoss, and two for the Zerg. Here are the units and short descriptions of each:
- Warhound: This versatile factory unit is great against mechanical ground targets and can dish out area-of-effect anti-air attacks.
- Battle Hellion: New transformation mode to gain durability in exchange for slower movement, great for fighitng mixed forces using light troops combined with area-of-effect attacks
- Shredder: Mobile unit that can deploy and create a whirlwind of death around it. Safety protocols auto-disable the attack if other friendly units enter the danger zone.
- Replicant: Microscopic robots can fuse themselves to copy a targeted non-massive unit. The replication also auto-enables any specific upgrades of the targeted unit (ex: cloaking, etc.)
- Oracle: This flying support unit can scout and disrupt the enemy economy. It can reveal what structures are making and also temporarily disrupt building productions & resource harvesting.
- Tempest: Powerful capital ship that dominates the skies with massive area-of-effect attacks against light enemy flyers and a strong beam against ground targets.
- Viper: Flying unit with support abilities, it can grant detection to units, create a cloud to hinder ranged attacks & abilities, and quickly pull units to safety (friendly) or their doom (enemy).
- Swarm Host: This zerg host can gradually spawn endless waves of attackers while burrowed to overwhelm your enemy.
Personally, I think the Swarm Host for the Zerg sounds insanely fun, and I can imagine how the pros will use it. Unfortunately, I suck with the Zerg. I'm a Terran player. The Shredder unit looks like a very strategic unit that I'm looking forward to not using correctly.