Namco Bandai is releasing Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition on August 24 worldwide for PC.
Versions for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 have been confirmed for Europe, but not for North America. However, gamers in the US can purchase the Artorias of the Abyss expansion for consoles "sometime this winter" and receive the same new content as PC owners. The add-on will cost 1200 Microsoft Points on XBLA or $14.99 on PSN.
Thanks to fan backlash, the Prepare to Die Edition for PC will be compatible with both Steam and Games for Windows Live.
Namco and From Software released new screenshots of the upcoming version on Facebook. You can view them in the gallery. The grisly-looking guy above is the Dark Knight Artorias of the Abyss, one of the four knights of Gwyn and main threat in the expansion.
The Prepare to Die Edition takes place in the world of Lordran. Below are the details we currently know:
- New Bosses – Including Artorias of Abyss, Chimera of Tomb, and more
- PVP Online Matchmaking System – Quick matching for co-op or PVP
- New Areas – Including Oolacile Tomb, Old Ruins and more
- New Enemies – Including Abyss Guard, Chained Prisoner and more
- New NPCs – Including Hawkeye Gough and more
- New Weapons and Armor – Equip some from the new bosses, enemies, and NPCs
Follow @wita on Twitter for tales of superheroes, plumbers in overalls, and literary adventures.