With so much backlash for the Star Wars: Battlefront 2 loot crates (microtransactions have since been put on a temporary hold), it was only a matter of time until Need For Speed Payback joined Battlefront 2 in the limelight. Before it got to the same point as Battlefront 2, the Need for Speed developer, Ghost Games, has decided to overhaul their progression system.
Ghost Games has already decreased the time it takes for new parts to appear in Tune-Up shops (down from 30mins to 10mins) and increased the rate in which parts are rewarded within Ranked Speedlists.
Recently, they have made even more changes.
"Today's changes are just phase one and we have further tweaks coming," Ghost Games wrote. Tune-up shops are next on the list of things to fix – specifically "the quality / level of parts they stock".
These are the most recent changes:
- Increased the amount of REP awarded by taking part in events.
- Increased the amount of Bank awarded by taking part in events.
- Bait crates now reward increased REP.
- Bait crates now reward increased Bank.
- Competing against a Roaming Racer will reward you with increased REP.
- Competing against a Roaming Racer will reward you with increased Bank.
- Air Suspension will now appear more frequently within Shipments.
- Slightly increased REP and Bank for finishing an event outside of first place.
It's nice to see developers responded to feedback and changing their microtransactions.