Today, PlayStation 3 users not only received the first two Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Elite map drops, but were also treated to a new 1.10 update for the game.
The new multiplayer maps, Liberation and Piazza, are now both available for download, only to paid Elite members, via the PlayStation Store. Available for the Xbox 360 for quite a while, the maps have finally arrived to the PlayStation 3.
Liberation is a militarized Central Park in the heart of NYC, featuring a vast landscape ripe for long-range sniper and LMG kills. Mounted turrets on opposing ends of the map offer overwhelming firepower to anyone brave enough to man them.
Piazza is set in an idyllic seaside village, Italian getaway gone rogue, where blind corners and a complex network of branching pathways pose danger at every turn. Visceral close-quarters combat dominates in Piazza, and attacks from above and below are an ever-constant threat.
It's a very complex release schedule that features Xbox 360 and paid Elite members getting DLC content before certain platforms and non-paying MW3 players. To help sort it all out, Activision has released a full Modern Warfare 3 content calendar to help players keep track of upcoming DLC drops.
In addition to the new maps, a new patch was released for all PS3 Modern Warfare 3 players. This patch, which should have been 1.09, is now being called patch 1.10.
It's a mandatory patch for all PS3 users, not just the paid Elite members, and adds five new prestige levels. It also optimizes Elite for the platform.
The Modern Warfare 3 patch 1.10 notes include:
- 400 new ranks included in 5 new prestige levels.
- Also adds the ability to view Clan Rank on player card in-game when enlisted in a clan on Call of Duty: Elite.
- Fix for trophy system glitch.
- Ability to select country flags as clan titles.
- Additional network optimizations.
- Additional ELITE push to game CaC validation.
- Support for ELITE Clan Operations end future features.
- Fixed PM issue where failed invites were preventing large parties from congregating.
- Repair of writing of the games played field of the player stats so the team behind MW3 can sweep LBs and correct averages on the backend. This process will commence shortly.