This week's Minecraft snapshot is a bit confusing because Mojang is working on two different tasks at once.
The first is to patch 1.3.1 to fix the most "serious bugs". This will be released as 1.3.2, and will not include any new features.
The second task is 1.4. Today's snapshot is part of the 1.4 development and offers new features, which are detailed below:
- Villagers will now react positively on new trades, and negatively if you hurt them
- Villagers will not remove trades, but trading something else may be required to renew the old ones
- Zombies and Skeletons have new equipment, depending on difficulty
- There’s a new kind of Zombie, too
- Added the “Command Block” intended for adventure maps. It’s not craftable and not in the menu, but its id is 137
- A surprise block! This block is still work in progress, but will get a crafting recipe later on
You can download Minecraft Snapshot 12w32a below:
In addition, Mojang also announced that The Weekly Chunk will now happen on Thursdays along with the release of the weekly snapshot.