Riot has notified us of an "unexpected delay" in issuing tickets. Unfortunately, they did not go on sale today. Here's an update provided by Riot:
We're working diligently to resolve the problem and will provide an update when we've confirmed a new sale date and time.
The LCS team here at Riot wants to maintain the highest possible standards for all our awesome esports fans and we always want to avoid uncertainties like these. Rest assured, when we have a new date and time fully secured, we'll announce it with at least 48 hours lead time to give all players enough warning and an equal opportunity at purchasing available tickets.
Bear with us – we really appreciate your patience!
Tickets to League of Legends' World Championship go on sale today and given that it's the most popular game in the world, I'm assuming they will go quickly. So to help you out before they go on sale at 12:00pm PDT (3:00pm EDT, 21:00 CEST), we've got the rundown on pricing and possible hotel packages.
- Group Stage – Culver Sound Studios, September 15-21: $20 per day
- Quarterfinals – Culver Sound Studios, September 23-24: $30 per day
- Semifinals – Galen Center, September 27-28: $30-60 per day
- Finals – Staples Center, October 4: $40-100
Tickets will be available for purchase from ticketmaster.com. For those of you who need hotels, Riot has partnered with several Los Angeles hotels that are offering discounts. Check out the deals below:
- Biltmore Hotel: $202 per night. Mention code: 1310RIOTGM
- Standard Hotel Downtown: $235-265 per night. Discount via phone reservation (1.866.670.8686, mention code: Riot Games Block).
- Los Angeles Athletic Club: $299 per night. Discount via phone reservation (213.625.2211, mention code: TOUR).
Do you plan on attending the League of Legends World Championship?