As described on the official League of Legends website, being a melee carry is no longer a boy’s club. Fiora, the Grand Duelist, will be the next LoL character. Riot’s reveal delivers us her abilities and some screen shots to have an idea of what to expect out of this finesse champ. Her abilities are below:
- Duelist (passive) – Fiora regenerates health over 6 seconds each time she deals damage. Striking champions will cause this effect to stack up to 4 times.
- Lunge – Fiora dashes forward to strike her target, dealing physical damage. Fiora can perform the dash a second time within a couple seconds at no mana cost.
- Riposte – Fiora's Attack Damage is increased. When activated, Fiora parries the next basic attack and reflects magic damage back to the attacker. Works against champions, monsters, and large minions.
- Burst of Speed – Fiora temporarily gains additional Attack Speed. Each basic attack or Lunge she lands during this time increases her Movement Speed. Killing a champion refreshes the cooldown on Burst of Speed.
- Blade Waltz (ultimate) – Fiora dashes around the battlefield to deal physical damage to enemy champions. Successive strikes against the same target deal less damage.
As predicated in my sneak peak, this swashbuckling lady will have quite a lot of mobility on the battlefield. Between her lunge, burst of speed, and blade waltz, she will be all over the place. Her passive’s health gain ability appears to offer her some lane sustain and possibly jungle capability. Riot nailed the one ability I would expect from a rapier-duelist type character, a riposte. What is a duelist without a counter attack move?
This melee carry has defiantly caught my attention. I look forward to both her ‘Champion Spotlight’ and release. I suspect she’ll come out either Tuesday or Wednesday of this coming week. Enjoy the screenshots.