Attention Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, Curt Schilling or Mass Effect 3 fans! Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning has a release date for its demo! The upcoming game from 38 Studios and EA will be releasing the demo for Reckoning on January 17, 2012 on the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC. In a cross promotion campaign to reward fans of Reckoning and Mass Effect 3, special items will be unlocked by playing these game's demo.
By playing the Kingdoms of Amalur demo, you unlock items for Mass Effect 3. By playing the Mass Effect 3 demo, you unlock items for Reckoning. Here are the unlockable items from the demos for each game:
Play Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning demo to receive these for Mass Effect 3:
- Reckoner Knight Armor: This armor will maximize damage done in close-quarters combat while a beefed–up power cell feeds energy into weapon systems to increase projectile velocity.
- The Chakram Launcher: This weapon uses a fabricator to manufacture lightweight, explosive ammunition discs. This weapon is earned after completing the Reckoning demo and watching the trailer at the end.
Play the Mass Effect 3 demo to receive these for Reckoning:
- N7 Armor: Players can unlock special armor inspired by Commander Shepard’s iconic N7 battle armor including Helm, Cuirass, Gauntlets, Chausses and Greaves.
- Onmiblade Daggers: A holographic blade stemming from Commander Shepard’s Omni-Tool, the Omni-blade allows players to stab enemies in close combat. Once players install and play the Mass Effect 3 demo, they will unlock the daggers.
Players who also play the Reckoning demo will receive:
- Twist of Fate Card: This card boosts the player’s ice resistance and is immediately unlocked when he or she activates the Reckoning demo using his or her Origin account.
- Twinned Souls Chakram: A unique weapon that damages enemies while boosting player health and mana in Reckoning.
- The Infernal Helm: Unlocked after completing the Reckoning Tutorial Mode, this protective helmet increases players’ fire damage throughout Amalur.
By giving away Mass Effect 3 items, this is a genius way for EA to get gamers to try its new IP, Reckoning.