Though Kalypso is usually known for their strategy titles, this time we're seeing something a bit different. Coming to XBLA, Alien Spidy looks to be a swinging platformer that will task players to avoid obstacles, while picking up items.
After losing contact with his explorer friend Virgi, our fearless alien hero Spidy heads to Earth in his spacecraft to find her. While entering the Earth’s atmosphere, his spacecraft suddenly fails and starts to break up, causing Spidy to crash-land on the strange planet, with his craft scattered across forests, throughout ponds and into dark caves. Spidy finds himself alone on an alien world and faces the epic challenge of tracking down Virgi, battling strange new enemies and finding the missing pieces from his spacecraft in order to repair the damage and make their escape home.
The stage is set for the adventure of a lifetime as Spidy embarks on a perilous journey through a visually stunning 2D/3D world, where quick reflexes and fast-paced platform action create a fun and rewarding gameplay experience, which is easy to pick up, but challenging to master.
It will feature:
- A unique blend of fast paced physics based platform action and challenging puzzles
- A visually stunning, cartoon-styled Animated world
- Use the analogue control to perform intuitive skill-based manoeuvres as Spidy swings from danger, shoots his web and avoids numerous pitfalls and enemies
- Explore three unique game environments with over 70 diverse and challenging levels
- Overcome a huge range of enemies and fight epic boss battles
- Accessible for both casual and core gamers…it’s easy to pick up, but challenging to master
- Unlock over 350 collectables and achievements
- Replay levels to earn higher scores and improve your leader board rankings