id Software today announced that QUAKE LIVE has exited beta and ‘Premium’ and ‘Pro’ subscriptions will be available later today. QUAKE LIVE, a free-to-play first person shooter that can be played in a web browser, now offers players the ability to enhance their current free-to-play experience.
The Premium Subscription, which can be purchased for $1.99 per month, billed annually, includes:
· Access to 20 QUAKE LIVE Premium only maps at launch with more to come. Premium maps are a combination of brand new maps and frequently requested community favorites from previous QUAKE games such as Aerowalk, Theater of Pain, Japanese Castles, and Realm of Steel Rats;
· An all new ‘Freeze Tag’ game mode;
· Exclusive premium level awards;
· Create your own clan and join up to five separate clans;
· Custom QUAKE LIVE profile wallpaper; and
· Match statistics stored for six months.
The Pro Subscription, which can be purchased for $3.99 per month, billed annually, includes all of the premium subscription features as well as:
· The ability to start your own game server, specify a server location, determine the game mode and invite who you want to join you;
· With the Pro Subscription, you can invite three friends with Standard level memberships to play with you in any Premium level map;
· Exclusive pro awards;
· Create your own clan and join up to ten separate clans; and
· Match statistics stored for 12 months.
The QUAKE LIVE ‘Standard’ version is still free to play and includes friend lists, access to one clan, matchmaking, and stats tracking delivered through a web browser with more than 40 arenas and five game modes.
To create a QUAKE LIVE account and for more information please visit: http://www.quakelive.com.