Arrowshead Games released today the second expansion for Helldivers — Masters of the Galaxy. It's not the meatiest of expansions, but the free content update adds new trophies and three new Enemy Masters:
- New Bug “Hive Lord” Enemy Master
- New Cyborg “Siege Mech” Enemy Master
- New Illuminate “Great Eye” Enemy Master
While the content update is free, Arrowhead is supporting the expansion with three more Reinforcement Packs, available separately for $2.99 to $3.99. They are:
- AT-47 Anti-Tank Emplacement: A well armored manually operated gun emplacement.
- Anti-Personnel Barrier: An airdropped barbwire fence capable of slowing incoming enemies.
- SH-32 Directional Kinetic Shield: Projects a shield in front of the wearer and will slow down incoming projectiles, significantly lowering their damage potential.
- P-6 ‘Gunslinger’: A heavy sixshooter revolver. Packs a real punch and comes with built in lasersight.
- FLAM-24 ‘Pyro’: A compact, short range powerful flamer.
- PLAS-3 ‘Singe’: Plasma pistol based on the experimental technology of the PLAS-1. It fires superheated gas that explodes on contact with it’s target.
- TD-110 ‘ Bastion’: A small mobile tank destroyer, prized for its incredibly powerful main gun, large ammunition storage, and heavy armor.
- ‘Hammer’: A sturdy combat motorcycle complete with sidecar. This lightly armored vehicle is excellent for when you want to move fast. Upgrades with a standard machine gun.
- EXO-51 ‘Lumberer’: An anti-tank specialized exosuit incorporating a 90mm cannon and a flamer.
For those of you who have yet to join the war, Arrowhead is also releasing Helldivers: Masters of the Galaxy Edition Bundle for $19.99. This includes the base game along with the Entrenched Pack.