Grand Theft Auto Online went live yesterday — sort of. As most are probably aware by now, the online multiplayer component to Grand Theft Auto 5 has been plagued by server issues and numerous bugs which Rockstar is "working around the clock" to resolve.
In an update earlier this morning, Rockstar wrote, "We are continuing to look into these issues and are working around the clock on resolving them as quickly as possible.
"This includes close monitoring of our Support systems, forums, social media, and in-game data to measure traffic along with Community sentiment to ensure ongoing improvements to stability. Please stay tuned for more updates."
In the meantime, Rockstar has created a GTA Online launch status hub with a list of the issues they are aware of and looking into. As of this moment, Rockstar is aware of the following issues:
- Occasional "Rockstar Cloud Servers Unavailable" error message
- Freezing sometimes while loading into first race in GTAO with "waiting for other players" on the screen
- Intermittent "Failed to Host a GTA Online Session" error messages
- Race Corona (start area, marker) occasionally not showing up for first race
- Errors saying "Timed out when matchmaking for a compatible GTA Online Session to join"
- Occasional errors about jobs failing to start or load
- General issues with the Social Club site and Social Club features (slow loading, failed logins, emails not arriving, etc). For more information on Social Club status, please see: http://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/200357093
- Misc. network and server-related error messages, disconnections, or cloud server errors
- Errors saying "Mission Failed" as soon as the mission begins during a session
We've been having mixed results with GTA Online. While I was able to log on last night, I had difficulty getting into certain deathmatches and linking up with Social Club members was a complete disaster. Hopefully Rockstar release fixes soon. How has your experience been so far?