It has been announced that Minecraft will receive a free update on July 1st, including all new blocks, new game options and much more.
New update information
Mojang today released the following information regarding the incoming Minecraft update:
- "Offended by mountains and caverns? Worry not, strange crafter, because now you have the option to customise your super flat worlds so they’re only as vertical as you desire.
- New blocks! Oak, Spruce, Birch, and Jungle wood types. Fences, Gates, and Doors! Create the log cabin of your dreams with 1.17/TU25/CU14 .
- A heap of new game options! Change the game mode, difficulty, time, player spawn position, ambient cave sounds, and weather without leaving your game session. Very handy.
- Classic crafting! Now console players get to craft items just like their PC buddies on Java Minecraft. Some players find this style of creation more satisfying. Check it out.
- New stuff! Iron Trapdoors, Inverted Daylight Sensors, Book & Quills, and Stained Glass have arrived. Use them wisely, and for good, please."
Minecon 2015 skin pack
The brand new Minecon 2015 skin pack, as featured below, will be available for 15 days after it's July 1st. launch. This and other bundles of free downloadable content will be available completely free to download from both the Xbox marketplace and Playstation store, starting tomorrow.
Playstation Exclusive content
Also, there is some Playstation 4 exclusive content on the way. Mojang will be releasing a LittleBigPlanet and Minecraft mash-up pack, which is available from July 1st for £3.29/€3.99.