If you've ever wanted to get your digital farm on no matter where you are, the Nintendo Switch will be able to do that for you. As it turns out, a lot of gamers around the world like to get their digital farm on, as the latest iteration of the game, Farming Simulator 17 was able to accrue over a million players in less than a month. As a result, developer GIANTS Software has decided to bring the series onto the Nintendo Switch and will launch sometime this year.
On top of that, the next entry, Farming Simulator 18 will be making an appearance on the PlayStation Vita and the Nintendo 3DS. The game is set to include over 50 unique farming vehicles and machines across 30 of the biggest brands in the world. Some of these brands include Challenger, Fendt, Massey Ferguson, and Valtra.
Here's a list of features you can expect from Farming Simulator 18 per and official press release:
- Expand your farm through tons of varied activities: plant, harvest, take part in forestry activities, all with their dedicated machines.
- Breed and transport animals: cows, sheep, and for the first time, pigs.
- Develop your farm in a new and immersive American environment.
- Use and drive over 50 faithfully reproduced farming vehicles and tools, including AGCO's most respected brands: Challenger, Fendt, Massey Ferguson and Valtra.
- Grow and harvest new crops such as sunflowers, in addition to sugar beet, potatoes, wheat, canola, and corn.
The press release does not specify whether the Nintendo Switch Farming Simulator game will be '17, '18, or an entirely unique game built exclusively for the platform. As it read and given Nintendo's extensive recent history, it wouldn't be surprising if it were a specially developed version of Farming Simulator, but that remains to be seen.
More information on the Nintendo Switch's version of Farming Simulator will be coming sometime in the near future.