Role-playing fans rejoice. What might be 2017's best Role-Playing Game has (finally) released into Steam's Early Access program today after a very successful Kickstarter campaign. Developer Larian Studios built the game on the next-gen Divinity Engine, allowing them the freedom to include some very exciting features such as four-person multiplayer, cooperative and competitive questing, and advanced elemental interactions.
Obviously, being in Early Access, the game is not yet complete, and will be adding features gradually until the game releases next year. Here's what you can expect to get from Divinity: Original Sin 2 in its Early Access build.
- Act 1 of the campaign, with approximately 8-12 hours of gameplay.
- Online co-op for up to four players.
- Four playable races: Human, Elf, Dwarf, and Lizard.
- Four optional Origin Stories with unique quests and interactions.
- Eight schools of skills and spells.
- PvP Arena mode with select maps.
- Additional features and content to be announced throughout development.
Divinity: Original Sin 2 retails for $44.99 in its Early Access form and will be coming soon to GOG.com's Games in Development program.