Today, Blizzard Entertainment announced that Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls – Ultimate Evil Edition will be coming to the PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One on August 19.
The Ultimate Evil Edition includes all of the content from Diablo 3, including the new content, features and updates from the Reaper of Souls expansion. The game has been completely redesigned for consoles and a controller scheme, and each console version allows for 4-player co-op on same-screen and online.
There's a new Apprentice mode that boosts low-level players' power so that they can adventure through the game with high-level friends, removing a barrier from players playing together. There's also an in-game mail system where players will be able to share loot with their friends lists, as well as Player Gifts containing rare loot. In addition to the Loot 2.0 system being implemented, other improvements and new features include:
- Adventure Mode: A new game mode that gives players the freedom to go anywhere and slay anything
- Bounties: Randomized objectives that reward players in new ways for exploring Sanctuary
- Naphalem Rifts: Fully randomized dungeons offering endless replayability and heaps of loot
- Level Cap to 70: Formidable new spells and abilities that take players to new heights of power
- The Mystic: A powerful new artisan who provides heroes with loot-customization options
Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls – Ultimate Evil Edition comes to consoles on August 19, with the PS4/Xbox One version costing $59.99, and the Xbox 360/PS3 version costing $39.99.
Also, if you preorder the game, you will receive the exclusive Infernal Pauldrons bonus in-game item. Wearable at level one, this transmogrifiable shoulderplates give health, life regen, and cooldown reduction.
Make sure to read our review of Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls, as well as checking our our hands-on preview of the Ultimate Evil Edition from PAX East.