Good news for modders out there. Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 has just released its mod tools into Open Beta for users on Steam as a part of Update 15.1. The mod tools are available to use only to Black Ops 3 players who own the full game. So if you only own the Multiplayer Starter Pack (like me) you are out of luck.
Here's a comprehensive list of features that have arrived with Update 15.1:
- Black Ops 3 Steam Workshop
- Unranked Server Browser
- Radiant Level Editor
- APE, Asset Property Editor
- Mod Tools Launcher
- Optional additional assets installation under Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 — Mod Tools' DLC section. Includes more level building assets from a variety of official Black Ops 3 maps.
- Full example maps of the Multiplayer map Combine and the Zombies map The Giant
- New Server Settings Menu in Multiplayer Custom Games and Zombies Private Game where you can set how your server will display in the Unranked Server Browser
- New Mods Menu where you can load and unload your subscribed mods