Borderlands 2's major update has begun rolling out today on PC and Xbox 360, with the PS3 version coming "soon." The new update contains the hardened Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode along with more storage space and a number of bug fixes.
Teased last month, the Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode is "built for challenging high-level play." To help with that, Gearbox is also releasing today the Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade pack, which allows characters to gain 11 additional levels and skill points as well as pick up new Pearlescent-tier weapons and Ancient E-Tech relics. Below are the details for the Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode:
Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode Details
- Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode is unlocked for a character once they have completed the main story missions in True Vault Hunter Mode and reached level 50.
- Unlike other playthroughs, Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode can be replayed multiple times with players able to reset their overall mission progress at any time from the Main Menu.
- No more tutorial missions — characters in Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode begin in Southern Shelf with the "Cleaning Up the Berg" mission.
- While playing in Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode, enemies and bosses will scale according to the player's current level or, if playing with others, the highest-level player in that party.
Gameplay changes in UVHM:
- Enemy health generally increased 4x.
- Enemies now have a moderate amount of health regeneration.
- Increased duration of slag damage multiplier effect.
- Upped the damage that slagged enemies take from 2x to 3x.
- Weapon swap speed increased to better facilitate slag use.
- Enemies now more likely to drop ammo.
- Loot Midgets are now "Legendary Loot Midgets" that can drop Legendary and other top-tier gear.