January 28, 2008
Rises! Dominions 3.14 Now Available
New Win, Mac, Linux Patch Ready For Immediate
Who says January has to be an unexciting time for
computer gaming? Illwinter Game Design and Shrapnel Games are pleased to
announce a new patch for the multi-award winning fantasy strategy title,
Dominions 3, overflowing with the delectable goodness you’ve come to expect from
Bringing the retail game to version 3.14 the
patch includes something for everyone, even your dear old grandmother! Like new
nations? Of course you do! And so you get a new late age nation, Bogarus! Do you
get your mod on? Version 3.14 adds a number of helpful modding commands for
everyone who enjoys tweaking the game. What about bugs, you say? 3.14 kills bugs
deader than Britney Spears’ career.
The complete list of changes found in the 3.14
- NEW! A new late era nation called Bogarus!
- NEW! Bakemono got a new scout.
- NEW! New random events.
- Spell AI: Touch of madness and Berserkers
avoids casters and archers to some extent.
- Spell AI: No longer casts LoS on armorless
- Modding: Increased maximum number of
- Modding: Max number of nations and nametypes
- Modding: New monster commands: #darkpower,
#firepower, #coldpower, #stormpower, #fallpower, #winterpower, #summerpower, #springpower,
#darkvision, #onebattlespell, #patrolbonus.
- Modding: New item commands: #newitem, #descr,
#weapon, #armor, #type, #name, #copyspr.
- Modding: New spell command: #nextspell.
- FIXED! MR bless bonus was sometimes displayed
- FIXED! Dominion sometimes spread in incorrect
- FIXED! Legions of Steel bug fixed.
- FIXED! ‘y’-screen bug fix.
- FIXED! Caster of Stygian Paths took 1 point of
damage for each unit under his command instead of the units taking the damage.
- FIXED! Stygian Paths reported random number of
lost on the way.
- FIXED! Ritual casting magic items could
- FIXED! Bug preventing more than a hundred
sprites or so in mods has been squashed.
- FIXED! Several minor fixes to monster stats
and magic sites.
- FIXED! Dance of the morrigans fixed.
- FIXED! Setting 1920×1200 resolution didn’t
- More magic sites enabled in caves.
- Scathach got her magic and flight.
- Hydra sacred all the way.
- Please note that prior score graphs will
disappear when the version 3.14 patch is applied.
Dominions 3 is an award-winning juggernaut of
turn-based strategy gaming that make most other strategy games weep in envy.
Available for all popular operating systems (Win, Mac, Linux) Dominions 3 is a
game that isn’t afraid to use the word ‘epic’ to describe its gameplay and
really mean it. You can recruit, research, empower, forge, battle, search, pray,
blood hunt, assassinate, move, storm castles, enchant items, sneak, build,
starve, heal, scout. Enjoy three eras of play, scores of nations, well over a
thousand unique units, hundreds of magic spells and items, twenty-one players in
a single game, random map creation, a manual that could choke Linda Lovelace,
Dominions is also a game that is constantly
growing. From the wonderful official support of the developers who have added
expansion packs worth of new content since its original release, to the fan base
with their ever growing mod library, Dominions 3 is a living, breathing
organism. In an era where a Grant will get you six hours of gameplay, that same
Grant will get you thousands of hours of gameplay with Dominions 3.
For more information on what may be the
last fantasy strategy game that you’ll ever need, please visit: