As reported by Eurogamer, BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend has indeed been announced, and so far has a release date for Q1 2012 in Europe. It looks to be the definitive version of Continuum Shift since it will include all the previously DLC characters on disc.
Any fighting fan should know that Arc System Works makes some of the best, if not the best, and well balanced 2D fighting games on the market.
The full contents:
- All previously DLC-only characters included on disc – including Makoto, Valkenhayn R Hellsing and Platinum the Trinity.
- Brand new character Relius Clover and his robotic puppet Ignis.
- All new stories, taking the total content to 23 scenarios to play through.
- Powered up Abyss mode – which sees you leveling up your chosen characters over a series of battles.
- New Unlimited Mars mode.
- Brand new Team Battles for a better online experience. Play 2v2, 3v3 and handicapped match-ups.
A US release hasn't been revealed, but there is no reason for this updated collection to make the jump stateside.