Okay, okay, okay… so BioShock Infinite is only slightly more than two months away. We’re almost there people. Thankfully, 2K Games and Irrational Games have created the BioShock: Ultimate Rapture Edition to subdue our savage BioShock needs until the magical date of March 26 rolls around. Until then, the Ultimate Rapture Edition will fill our BioShock love with classic nostalgia.
The BioShock: Ultimate Rapture Edition contains BioShock, BioShock 2, and all of the DLCs. You can pick this new edition up toady for the low price of $30. All of the DLCs separately add up to a cost of more than $40, so that’s a pretty damn good deal. Exclusively in this version is the never before seen Museum of Orphaned Concepts which includes character models and art that never made it into BioShock.
A full list of what the BioShock: Ultimate Rapture Edition can be found below:
- Museum of Orphaned Concepts: Take a tour of a never-before-seen BioShock museum and view early concept art, character models and more set within the halls of Rapture.
- Plasmids Pack: Includes four additional Plasmids and Gene Tonics – Sonic Boom, EVE Saver, Vending Expert and Machine Buster – for use in BioShock.
- Challenge Rooms Pack: Previously exclusive to PS3™ and now available for Xbox 360 for the first time, the pack tests the player’s mettle by requiring them to utilize the skills learned while traversing the halls of Rapture to survive three separate puzzle rooms in BioShock.
- Sinclair Solutions Tester: Contains a number of customization features that allow players to further their character’s development in BioShock 2 multiplayer modes and provides a deeper multiplayer experience.
- Rapture Metro: Includes six additional multiplayer maps, an additional multiplayer gameplay mode and a rank increase to level 50 for BioShock 2 multiplayer.
- The Protector Trials: Features frantic combat and fast-paced action designed to push players’ mastery of weapons and Plasmids in a BioShock 2 single-player experience spread across six maps.
- Minerva’s Den: A substantial narrative experience that puts players in the role Subject Sigma and introduces new characters, locations and mystery to the world of Rapture in BioShock 2. Set in a new environment, Rapture Central Computing, Minerva’s Den adds a gripping new storyline to extend the BioShock 2 experience.
- Also included, is an exclusive collectable sticker pack from BioShock Infinite’s world of Columbia to get gamers ready for the next chapter in the BioShock universe.
BioShock: Ultimate Rapture Edition can be purchased on Xbox 360 and PS3.