When he's not working on a potentially kick-ass mobile version of Super Meat Boy, Edmund McMillen spends his time making sweet DLC for The Binding of Isaac. News regarding an expansion for McMillen's most recent project had surfaced already, but up until now, all we knew was that it was called Wrath of the Lamb and that it was priced at $3.
We also had an idea as to when the DLC was launching, because a tentative May release date was previously announced. But we were unsure as to when exactly Wrath of the Lamb would be available. If you've been waiting for some info regarding the DLC for The Binding of Isaac, you'll be glad to know it's coming May 28, which is exactly three weeks from today.
Here's a rundown of the content you can expect, courtesy of McMillen himself:
- 100+ new items! (now over 235 items!)
- 5+ new chapters!
- 20+ new enemies!
- 25 new achievements!
- 15+ new bosses!
- 6+ new room types!
- 6+ new mysterious item drops (eternal hearts, playing cards, dimes and more!)
- 5+ new music tracks by Danny B
- A new item type, Trinkets
- A new challenge mode with 10 unique challenges (that unlock more content)
- A new unlockable character, Samson (The Beserker)
- A new final (final) chapter and boss with new endings
- Tons of new random happenings, curses, blessings, npcs, fortune tellers and more!
- Also more super secrets than you'd probably expect… good luck finding them all.
So yeah, Wrath of the Lamb is looking pretty sweet. I can't wait to download it in a few weeks and watch a bunch of new content popping up in The Binding of Isaac. See, this is how you do DLC. This is stuff that's legit worth caring about, but if you don't want to shell out the three clams, you've still got a great standalone game in The Binding of Isaac.
Also, here's a creepy trailer:
For a bunch of nonsensical gibberish, follow @thesanchezdavid on Twitter.