ArenaNet has announced that Halloween festivities are headed to Guild Wars 2 tomorrow, October 15.
Titled "Blood and Madness," the trailer they released shows the theme to this year's events to this rhyme:
Edrick was a monster, he brought his family shame
So they locked him in a box, mouth stuffed with candy corn
But now the son has risen to take his father's name
Beware the Bloody Prince, the son of Mad King Thorn
Some events that you'll be able to take place in are:
- The Bloody Prince Emerges: Halloween is drawing near, and Magister Tassi's instruments are picking up some unusual energy readings. The Mad King isn't the only one breaking through the barrier between realms — prepare to face the son of Oswald Thorn, Bloody Prince Edrick!
- Mad Realm Doors: Haunted doors are appearing all over Kryta, where brave travelers can dare to trick-or-treat!
- Mad King's Labyrinth: The Bloody Prince has taken over part of the Mad King's Labyrinth! He's controlling the undead armies in the Mad King's Realm, while his father retains command of the plastic spiders, candy corn elementals, and other festive frights. The Skeletal Lich, Grand High Viscount of Candy Corn, and the Labyrinthine Horror await interlopers.
- Mad King's Clocktower: Race against the rising madness in the Mad King's Clocktower, Tyria's most maddening jumping puzzle! Can you make it to the top in time?
- Lunatic Inquisition: Join in player vs. player madness and mayhem with the Lunatic Inquisition, where you'll play as either a Villager, desperate to survive, or a maniacal Lunatic Courtier. Discover survival tools and hidden secrets within the Labyrinth, and try to survive the night!
Players will also be able to earn some sweet rewards, trade Candy Corn for new Halloween items like a Mini Bloody Prince and crafting items for Halloween weapons, earn a Mask of the Night and get more WvW rewards.
As if that isn't enough, balance updates are on the way, and the first World vs. World season starts on October 18 and runs through December 5. For more on Blood and Madness, as well as screenshots, visit Guild Wars 2.