Ubisoft announced today the special editions of Assassin's Creed III, revealing three exclusive single player missions that will be spread out across the three editions of the game.
The "Lost Mayan Ruins" will be included in The Freedom Edition. Connor's mission leads him in an old Mayan pyramid, full of mysteries and revelations. Players will be able to unlock Captain Kidd's fabled cutlass, a deadly, brutal and beautiful piece of steel. Also included in this is the "Ghost of War" mission. The tide of the Revolution turns into the Templars favor leaving you to defeat your enemies and unlock The Pontiac's War Club, a powerful Native American weapon.
Other bonuses in The Freedom Edition include:
- A 24-cm high-quality figurine of Connor
- A steelbook case art drawn by awards-winning comic artist Alex Ross
- George Washington's notebook revealing all the truth & secrets about the Assassins and the Templars during the American Revolution.
- One exclusive Lithograph
- Multiplayer Sharpshooter package: Unleash the Sharpshooter fury in multiplayer with one new character, the Sharpshooter, one Relic, one Emblem, one special Picture and the Title of "The Jester"
The Join or Die Edition is slightly more modest and offers the following extras:
- The medallion of the Assassins with its high-quality curd ladle
- George Washington's notebook revealing all the truth and secrets about the Assassins and the Templars during the American Revolution.
- Ghost of War single player mission
- Multiplayer Sharpshooter package
The plain Special Edition offers special packaging and an exclusive single player mission, "A Dangers Secret", that tasks you with fighting "against a secret that could jeopardize the funding of the revolution." Completing the mission will reward you with an exclusive weapon – a flintlock musket.
Ubisoft hasn't yet confirmed the prices of the special edition versions of Assassin's Creed III, or whether the bonus content will be made available as DLC in the future.
Assassin's Creed III will release on October 30th in the U.S. for the Xbox 360, PS3, and PC. A Wii U version of the game has also been announced, and though details are slowly trickling out, a release date remains unknown.