Listen up vault hunters, 2K and Gearbox are readying to host a Borderlands 2 event that will offer both in-game items and physical prizes for players who participate in various in-game challenges.
Each day during the $100,000 Loot Hunt, as it's being called, a specific daily target will be identified in-game. Those of you who manage to take down the target that day will be entered to win a special weekly prize (listed below), and will also receive an entry into the grand prize drawing for $50,000 cash (or one of the four additional cash prizes that total to an additional $50,000; also listed below). A maximum of 28 entries can be earned, one for every day of the event.
There are also Community Goals that involve you using a unique, daily gun to kill a specific type of enemy. If enough of the specified enemy is killed within the day, then players will unlock a Community Reward at the end of the week.
“As a diehard vault hunter, I am most excited for the bounty associated with each target – unique pieces of in-game loot that will drop one hundred percent of the time," said Gearbox president Randy Pitchford.
Below is the list of prizes up for grabs each week, in no particular order:
- PlayStation Vita handheld entertainment systems with copies of Borderlands 2 Vita once released
- Customized Borderlands 2 XP SEVEN headsets from Turtle Beach
- NVIDIA Shield PC Streaming set-up with a custom painted Tiki PC by Falcon Northwest
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti GFX cards
- Borderlands 2 Game of the Year Edition Strategy Guides by BradyGames
- Lifetime supplies of all 2K titles on Steam – past, present, and future
And here are the cash prize breakdowns:
- Week One: $5,000
- Week Two: $10,000
- Week Three: $15,000
- Week Four: $20,000
- Grand Prize: $50,000
If your interested in partaking the event, simply head over to the official Borderlands 2 page and sign up. The event begins on October 8, 2013 and runs until November 7, 2013.