Pokémon X & Y Cheats: How to obtain Eevee's new evolution, Sylveon
If you're knee-deep in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y right now, we don't blame you, we are too. Both games come with a slew of new Pokémon, as well as exclusives to each version. And you can't have a new Pokémon game without a new Eevee evolution.
With the introduction of the new Fairy type Pokémon, it only makes sense that it ends up being Eevee's new evolution, Sylveon. Here is a handy guide on how to evolve your Eevee into Sylveon.
At its core, obtaining Sylveon lies directly with using the new Pokémon-amie system, where you can play with and pet your Pokémon, Nintendogs style. Sylveon's requirement is that the Affection stat is
maxed at two hearts.
The first thing you want to make sure of is that your Eevee has a Fairy-type move. This is actually quite common, so just look out for a move called Baby-Doll Eyes. If the Eevee has this, you're ready for Step 2.
The three stats in Pokémon-amie are tied to three separate activities. Affection will raise from petting your Pokémon. Fullness fills up by feeding your Pokémon Poké Puffs. And lastly Happiness is raised by playing any of the three mini-games (which in turn grants you more Poké Puffs).
There is quite an easy way to do this all in about a half hour's time. First, make sure to unlock the Unlimited versions of the Fruit or Yarn Bounce mini-games, then you're set.
- Start off by petting your Eevee so it gives you hearts. When it starts to show a note, thats when you stop.
- Then you feed it various Poke Puffs. Make sure to look which ones give you the most amount of hearts and concentrate on feeding it those. Chocolate Puffs seem to make it the happiest.
- When it's full, head into an Unlimited version of one of those mini-games, either one is fine, just skip the Puzzle.
- Actually try to get a high score. Simply failing out of the game won't make Eevee hungry.
- After you're done playing it, your Eevee will want some more petting and it'll be hungry again, at which point, you start back at step 1 and rinse and repeat.
When its Affection is at
max at two hearts, just go into some tall grass or eat a Rare Candy, have Eevee level up and enjoy your new Fairy-type Eevee evolution, Sylveon.