Xbox One September Update rolling out now
Microsoft is ready to upgrade and enhance your experience on the Xbox One with their September update!
The update will be rolling out today and it's bringing an update to the party system, new social features, regional Kinect features, SmartGlass features and more! No really, if you thought that was a lot - there is more.
This update won't be region locked, it's going everywhere the Xbox One is. If you don't see these features on your Xbox One don't fret, Larry Hryb (Major Nelson) assured us that the features will be coming to the Xbox One 'over the next few days.'
Here's what's coming:
- A new Media Player app: Play media files from an attached USB device or a network connected home media server with the new media player app – DNLA support coming soon. Xbox One will support more formats than Xbox 360, including support for dozens of new file formats like Mpeg 2 TS, animated gifs and MKV, which will be added by the end of the year.
- Improved Party App: Be the leader of your party with the new party leader setting. As the party leader, you can change whether the party requires invitations and you can remove others from the party. The updated app also lets you see what activities everyone in your party is doing and who is playing in the same game with you in addition to being able to quickly perform common actions like muting, joining, or sending game invites.
- New features for SmartGlass: You can now post status messages from the Activity Feed and comments, or share items from both your Activity Feed and Game Clips. Along with the new comment and share features, a personalized Activity Feed has been added to your profile and messages have been updated to a new layout supporting a full conversation view. Additionally, we are adding the ability to record game clips directly from the Now Playing bar. Finally, for users who upgrade the app directly, we have introduced a What’s New page highlighting the features of each release.
- “Xbox On” capabilities in Australia, Canada (French), Italy, Spain, and Mexico: New regions will have the ability to use the “Xbox On” Kinect voice command to power on their consoles when they’re in connected standby (Instant On) mode.
- Boot to TV: Now Xbox One owners will be able to set their console to boot directly to television when coming out of connected standby.
- Bandwidth Usage Display: Bandwidth Usage will show users how much bandwidth their Xbox One is consuming over a period of time, a useful tool for those who want to track against bandwidth caps set by ISPs in certain markets.
- GameDVR deletes: Users will be able to choose multiple GameDVR clips to delete at once in the Upload app.
- Save your Avatar Gamerpic: A new option to save Avatar Gamerpics to users’ OneDrive.