Xbox One's March 'Countdown to Titanfall' update detailed
While we're still awaiting word as to why today's Xbox One update was delayed, Microsoft has gone ahead and posted further details about next month's update -- the "Countdown to Titanfall" patch. Arriving March 4th, the pre-Titanfall Xbox One update will contain "many new features and improvements, most significantly to party and multiplayer systems."
Getting a little more specific today, Microsoft has detailed exactly what improvements will be made to the Xbox One's multiplayer and party systems:
- Get to your friends list faster. The friends list will be front and center on the homepage of the Friends app. Click the Social tile on Home, or say “Xbox, go to Friends” to see who’s online and what they’re up to. From there you can quickly send messages and get into a party.
- Party chat will be turned on by default. When you party up, chat audio will be turned on by default.
- Chat with friends playing different games. Party chat will be separated from people playing your game, so you can chat with your friends who are online or you can chat with everyone playing the game.
- We’re adding an “Invite friends to game” option to your multiplayer titles moving forward. Similar to Xbox 360 titles, this will appear inside a games’ menu and offer a simple and quicker way to set up your multiplayer battles. Selecting “Invite friends” will let you invite friends to your game and party.
- We’re adding “Recent Players.” This is a simple list that shows you Xbox Live members you’ve recently played with, making it easier to stay in touch with people, or add new friends after your multiplayer battles.
"The March update includes many more great features," Microsoft's Chief Product Officer Marc Whitten said. "The improvements to multiplayer and parties are just a few of the features that will be included, and we’ll continue to share more details in the days and weeks ahead, including in-depth videos so you’re all ready to take advantage of the new features in March. We’re lucky to have a passionate community that shares feedback. Thanks for helping us make Xbox One even better."