XBLA 2011 sales total $144 million
Microsoft's Xbox LIVE Arcade achieved record breaking sales last year, totaling $144 million in revenue for 2011.
According to data sent out by analyst firm Forecasting & Analyzing Digital Entertainment, XBLA saw an 18% year-over-year increase in title growth.
Paving the way in sales was Ubisoft's From Dust which reportedly sold 308,000 copies and earned an estimated $4.6 million in revenue, as well as The Behemoth's Castle Crashers which also earned an estimated $4.6 million from 335,000 units sold.
Neither of those titles were the most sold, however. That belonged to Full House Poker from Microsoft Game Studios, but thanks to it's $9.66 price, it earned $3.6 million - still not a bad number.
Below is the top 10 best sellers for Xbox LIVE Arcade:
- Full House Poker (Microsoft Game Studios) – 375,000 Units / $3.6 Million USD ($9.66 ASP)
- Castle Crashers (The Behemoth) – 335,000 Units / $4.6 Million USD ($13.69 ASP)
- Fruit Ninja Kinect (Halfbrick Studios) – 324,000 Units / $3.2 Million USD
- From Dust (Ubisoft) – 308,000 Units / $4.6 Million USD ($15.00 ASP)
- Trials HD (RedLynx, LTD) – 286,000 Units / $4.0 Million USD ($13.80 ASP)
- Magic: The Gathering (Stainless Games) – 278,000 Units / $2.7 Million USD ($9.71 ASP)
- Torchlight (Runic Games) – 272,000 Units / $4.0 Million USD ($14.64 ASP)
- Toy Soldiers: Cold War (Signal Studios) – 241,000 Units / $3.6 Million USD ($15.00 ASP)
- Bastion (Supergiant Games) – 241,000 Units / $3.6 Million USD ($15.00 ASP)
- Dungeons & Dragons: Daggerdale (Bedlam Games) – 210,000 Units / $2.8 Million USD ($13.38 ASP)