Wild Arms XF for the PSP Now Available
March 11, 2008
Get Caught in the Crossfire!
Wild ARMs XF for the PSP Now Available
XSEED Games today announced that it has shipped Wild ARMs XF to retailers across North America. A unique strategy role-playing experience with a hex-based grid system producing more tactical positioning options and a large number of job classes allowing vast party customization to tackle the wide range of mission objectives makes it one of the deepest strategy games on the PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system. Wild ARMs XF is now available for a suggested retail price of US$39.99 and is rated “E10+” for Everyone ages 10 and up by the Entertainment Software Rating Board (ESRB).
The once vibrant world of Filgaia is slowly dying, a result of some cataclysmic event lost in the dim, misty reaches of the past. The few pathetic remnants of once mighty nations are caught up in an endless cycle of war, fighting over the ever dwindling natural resources. Amidst the carnage and slow decay, there is one kingdom that has until recently managed to avoid the chaos and suffering plaguing its neighbors; the kingdom of Elesius.
However, the kingdom is slowly descending into anarchy with the king inflicted with a mysterious illness that has kept him bed-ridden, intensifying the future uncertainty as the heir-apparent disappeared a year earlier and is presumed dead. An opportunistic senate has formed its own police force and is gradually usurping power from the royal family.
It is against this backdrop of political intrigue and social decay that the main character Clarissa Arwin, accompanied by her half-brother and protector, Felius, enter Elesius hot on the trail of Rupert Dandridge, the man who murdered her mother. What started out as a personal vendetta soon turns into an epic battle to not only keep a kingdom from falling, but to save the world of Filgaia from being turned into an uninhabitable wasteland.
- Innovative hex-based battle grid system allows more tactical positioning options, such as Formation and Combination Arts, as opposed to the traditional square-based battle grid.
- One of the deepest strategy games on the PSP system with over 50 stages containing a wide array of mission objectives, as well as numerous optional battles.
- Deep party customization with over 20 unique job classes to choose from such as Berserker, Elementalist, Grappler, Geomancer and Sacred Slayer, among others.
- Extensive material creation options to create more powerful weapons, spell books and armor by combining rare materials obtained from battle.
- US-exclusive inclusion of a Music Library containing 20 select tracks from the game accessible any time from the game menu.
- Original Japanese voice-over selectable from the Option Menu.
Additional information on the title is available at http://www.wildarmsxf.com.