[Watch] Titanfall 2 gets 4 player co-op, new skins and more next week
These free updates are sooo good.
Titanfall 2 has seen some great support since its release in October last year. The developers have released plenty of free content for the game over the past few months and have just released a tease of their new co-op mode for the game.
Respawn has dropped a new trailer and details on their upcoming DLC, Titanfall 2: Frontier Defense will introduce a 4 player co-op mode. The mode has been detailed by Respawn to feature the following:
- Defend your Harvester against 5 waves of increasingly difficult enemies.
- Earn cash for defeating enemies that you can spend in between waves to purchase tools like Batteries, Arc Traps, Sentries, and more.
- Choose from Easy / Regular / Hard / Master difficulty.
- There will be an Insane difficulty as well that will exist in a separate tile as a Featured Mode.
New Titan Progression - ‘Aegis Ranks’
- Earn Aegis Ranks by completing matches of Frontier Defense. Aegis Ranks can unlock powerful upgrades for your Titans, helping you succeed at higher difficulty levels. For now these Ranks will only apply to Frontier Defense.
- New, challenging enemy types to battle.
5 maps supported at launch
- Forwardbase Kodai
- War Games
- Blackwater Canal
More maps are currently being tested for the game mode.
In addition to the new mode, Frontier Defense will include a new map and Live Fire Map:
- Long sight lines and tight quarters dictate the battle in this abandoned desert reservoir. The towering, sheer walls and a system of convenient zip lines provide Pilots with means to get around quickly while Titans do battle in the long corridors below. Pilots can also set up ambushes in the guts of this complex pipeworks, while titans can lock down large sections of the battlefield at critical junctures. Tread carefully.
Live Fire Map: Township
- A new modular construction of a residential firefight. Cover is sparse for Pilots bold enough to leave the safety of a few houses. Windows and rooftops decide who controls the map, but dense interiors can always hold surprises.
New purchasable DLC will also become available with this patch. Respawn detailed the buyable DLC content to be new Elite Warpaints for weapons and Titans that provide XP boosts. Each skin will give you and your team an XP boost for Frontier Defense and this boost is stackable. The skins will also have a shoulder piece on the upper arm that will upgrade visually when you complete each difficulty in Frontier Defense.
Note, the Frontier Defense paints are only available until August 28th.
- G2A5 “Masterwork”
- Flatline “Blue Fade”
- Alternator “Frontier Patriot”
- EVA-8 Auto Shotgun “Badlands”
- CAR “Crimson Fury”
- R-201 Carbine “Underground”
- Archer “Phantom”
- B3 Wingman “Aqua Fade”
Titanfall 2: Frontier Defense is set to release as a free DLC drop on July 25th. On the following weekend, July 28th to the 30th, Titanfall 2 will be free to play for the weekend.