[Watch] Need for Speed Payback revealed; Release date, story, Special Edition detailed
Oh, that Pagani though.
The first trailer for Need for Speed Payback has officially dropped along with a bunch of details and one thing is clear - it looks freakin' awesome.
While the reveal trailer (above) doesn't show it all off, there's plenty to be learned from the game's description.
In Need for Speed Payback you'll be taking the role of three different characters, Tyler, Mac, and Jess, and taking them on a journey that features five car classes (Race, Drift, Off-Road, Drag, and Runner) and multiple game modes (race, mission, and challenge). The game won't keep you locked up to a particular set of cars either, you'll be able to find abandoned customizable vehicles scattered throughout the world.
Oh, and cop chases are back.
Need for Speed, One of the world's bestselling video game franchises, returns with a vengeance in the new action-driving blockbuster need for speed payback. Set in the Underworld of Fortune Valley, you and your Crew are reunited by a search for vengeance against the House, a nefarious cartel that rules the City's Casino, criminals, and cops. In this corrupt gambler's paradise, the stakes are high and the House always wins. Play a variety of challenges and events as Tyler, the racer; Mac, the showman, and Jess, the wheelman. Each driver must take on races, missions, and challenges to earn the respect of the valley's underground and compete in the Ultimate race to finally take down the House. From insane Heist missions to devastating car battles to jaw-dropping set piece moments, Need for Speed Payback delivers an edge-of-your-seat, action-driving fantasy.
- Story Mission Pack
- Exclusive Deluxe Edition NOS color (Can be applied to 5 cars)
- Exclusive Deluxe Edition license plate
- Exclusive Deluxe Edition leaderboard icon
- 5 Shipments
- 5% Rep bonus; 10% Discount on in-game purchases
- Platinum Car Pack: Nissan 350Z 2008; Chevrolet Camaro SS 1967; Dodge Charger R/T 1969; Ford F-150 Raptor 2016; Volkswagen Golf GTI Clubsport 2016; Exclusive Platinum Blue Tire Smoke (only for Platinum Car Pack vehicles)
- 3 days of early access when you pre-order the Need for Speed Payback Deluxe Edition
Need for Speed Payback is set to release on November 10th, 2017.