[Watch] Here's the first trailer and details for Call of Duty: Black Ops 3's Zombies Chronicles DLC
Relive the nightmare.
Even though Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 released in 2015 and Call of Duty: WWII is coming this November, Treyarch wasn't ready to say goodbye to the game just yet. Earlier this month, it was revealed that Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 would be getting a fifth DLC titled Zombies Chronicles which will compile eight classic Zombies maps from World at War, the original Black Ops, and Black Ops 2 and fully remaster them for Black Ops 3.
Today a new trailer was released (see above) and a bunch of new details were revealed including new features, pricing, and more. First off, the DLC will release on May 16th for PlayStation 4 (more platforms to follow in the coming months) and will set players back $29.99.
For this price, players will get the following maps from the following games:
Call of Duty: World at War
- Nacht der Untoten - Where it all began: an abandoned airfield suspended in space and plagued by infinite hordes of the undead.
- Verruckt - Welcome to Wittenau Sanitorium, a German asylum with dark corridors, terrifying undead enemies, and even darker secrets.
- Shi No Numa - A “swamp of death” located in Japanese territory, surrounded by a sweltering jungle, hellhounds, and endless armies of the undead.
Call of Duty: Black Ops
- Kino der Untoten - An abandoned cinema packed with swarms of Crawler Zombies and fiery traps.
- Ascension - An abandoned Soviet Cosmodrome where unholy creations lurk in the shadows, and dark undead experiments run loose.
- Shangri-la - A legendary shrine lost in an exotic jungle where the undead emerge from within a treacherous labyrinth of underground caverns, deadly traps, and dark secrets.
- Moon - Travel to the Moon where forgotten undead creatures plague a horrifying, cratered landscape
Call of Duty: Black Ops II
- Origins - An excavation site left behind after the Germans unearthed the mysterious new "Element 115," and unleashed the greatest evil the world has ever seen.
In addition to the eight maps, players will be able to use weapons from Black Ops 3 that weren't originally featured in any of these maps. Since the price point may seem a bit steep to some players, Treyarch is also throwing in the following goodies with the purchase of the DLC:
- 20 Vials of Liquid Divinium
- 2 All-New, Whimsical GobbleGums
- Exclusive Zombies Pack-A-Punch Weapon Camo
- Black Ops III Zombies Chronicles Dynamic System Theme for PlayStation 4, an exclusive pre-order incentive
It would appear that Zombies Chronicles will NOT be included in the Black Ops 3 season pass so if you want this expansion, you'll need to shell out the extra $29.99.
Zombies Chronicles will release as a DLC for Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 on May 16th on PlayStation 4.