Watch Dogs getting patched on all platforms
A new patch for Watch Dogs is coming, Ubisoft announced today. The major game fixes include automatically reconstructing corrupted save files and fixing an issue that prevented players from using hacks in the game. There are multiple gameplay, multiplayer, and PC-specific fixes as well -- all of which are detailed in greater length below:
MAJOR GAME FIXES
- Automatically reconstructed corrupted save files which prevented loading to go further than 90%. Some collectibles may remain unrecoverable.
- Fixed the issue preventing players from using hacks in game.
- Fixed several mission-breaking bugs.
- Fixed minor mission and item-related issues.
- Fixed the issue that caused the empty weapon-wheel.
- Fixed several minor respawn issues.
- Fixed some connection and session joining issues.
PC SPECIFIC FIXES
- Fixed graphical glitches on Low & Medium settings.
- Fixed some crashes on SLI configurations.
- Implemented several performance improvements.
- Implemented a few control improvements.
- Fixed issues causing infinite messaging and timing-out when trying to access the Online Shop from the Extras Menu while Uplay is set to Offline mode.
- Fixed issues connecting to a Multiplayer game.
- Implemented several mouse modifications.
- Fixed “Drinking Game” control issue where wrong information was displayed when played with a gamepad.
- Fixed “Chess Game” control issue.
- Fixed bug where the invasion setting was never saved.
- Fixed graphical issues during cut scenes and cinematics.
- Fixed several graphical and texture bugs.
- Removed Vista OS check to prevent false positives.
- Added game version in main menu.
The PS4 version should be the first to receive the patch some time in "the next few hours," followed by the PS3 version shortly after. The PC patch will be available "in the coming days." And lastly, the Xbox One and Xbox 360 versions should get the patch "within the next week."