Warframe's Archwing update takes PS4 and Xbox One players to space
Putting the 'space' in 'space ninja'
Digital Extremes released a new update today for its free-to-play sci-fi action game, Warframe. The console update, titled "Archwing," released for PS4 and Xbox One earlier today, giving players a whole new way to play the game while also providing "a distinct new look" to the game.
The big feature in today's update was the arrival of Archwing technology, which allows players to fly freely through space without the use of the ship. It also includes new weapons to accompany Archwing, new player quests, challenging new enemies, Syndicates -- a new reputation system, the release of a new Warframe -- Limbo, and more.
Below are the highlights for the Archwing update.
- ARCHWING – Take Warframe’s high-energy, skilled ninja combat into the depths of space in the new game mode that puts the ‘space’ into space ninjas! Archwing technology allowing for space combat sans spacecraft, contains unique new weapons and abilities to unleash against the enemy.
- NEW QUESTS – Two new quests expand the Warframe universe. Unlock the new Archwing technology along with the new Warframe in a set of interlinked missions.
- NEW REPUTATION SYSTEM – Represent one of six Syndicates to unique rewards as your reputation increases! Wear your Syndicate’s Sigil with pride in missions to earn reputation and proclaim your loyalty.
- NEW WARFRAME – Bring honor to the Solar System with a magician-like Warframe whose hat wields exceptional powers including displacing enemies into other dimensions and more.
- NEW WEAPONS -- Devastate opponents with the OPTICOR, a powerful new laser cannon. Bludgeon enemies with the HALIKAR, a jet-powered throwing mace that always returns to its master.
- NEW TILESET – Explore the Corpus Ice Planet!
- NEW CUSTOMIZATIONS – Adorn your Warframe with intricate body art with all-new Sigils. Customize your Archwing with Mods and colors. Give your Soma a new look with the Huntsman Soma Weapon Skin!
- NEW ENEMIES – New types of enemies equipped to fly in space present new challenges in Archwing combat. The Grineer have also emerged with a new enemy to tame your pet Kubrow.
Adding to the excitement of a new update, Digital Extremes announced that Warframe has surpassed 12 million registered users worldwide on all platforms, while becoming the most downloaded game on the PS4. It also has "a strong presence" on Xbox One.